TRiO/Student Support Services
CashCourse is a free, online financial education resource designed to help students build the financial skills they need to get through school and prepare for future financial challenges.
The Website contains:
- Information that is easy to understand and is continually updated.
- Helpful content such as articles, videos, and a financial dictionary.
- An e-learning center with quizzes, worksheets, calculators, and a Budget Wizard.
Topics addressed in CashCourse include:
- Budgeting and using credit and debit cards.
- Understanding financial aid and repaying student loans.
- Renting an apartment.
- Understanding employee benefits and filing taxes.
Helpful Hints for CashCourse:
To begin, reflect on the spending habits or financial needs you would like to work on and focus on that area. Use the “Information Tools” link on the homepage to determine which tools will help you.
- Once you feel you have reached the improvement you would like, choose another area.
- Budget Wizard allows you to export the information you have entered as a spreadsheet you can update in excel.
- The short videos have great tips on a variety of topics
To use the SLCC CashCourse Website, just click on the following link: