Tutoring and Learning Center Employment
The Tutoring and Learning Centers offer free tutoring for students at Salt Lake Community College. We provide top quality tutoring in math and science. Related services are the Student Writing Center, Science Resource Center, Center for Languages, Math Lab, and the Academic Literacy Center.
To apply for a tutoring position in the Learning Center:
You must have at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA:
- Accounting, you must have a B or better
- Biology, you must have a B or better
- Chemistry, you must have a B or better
- CSIS, you must have an A
- Math, you must have completed at least Math 1210 (Calculus I) with a grade of B or better
- Math1020, 1030, or 1040 you must have a B or better
- Pathophysiology, you must have a B or better
- Pharmacology, you must have a B or better
- Physics, you must have a B or better
Steps for employment:
Fill out an Application for Employment for Salt Lake Community College. This can be found online at jobs.slcc.edu. There are multiple tutoring positions so watch for the one that mentions the Learning Center.
In order to complete the online application, you will need to include a transcript from Salt Lake Community College (or other institutions of higher learning), including your grades for the subject(s) you intend to tutor. This does not need to be an official transcript.
You will also be required to include a letter of recommendation from an instructor in the area(s) in which you wish to tutor.
There is tutor training available. If you are hired, you can talk to your supervisor about the availability of tutor certification workshops.
If you have questions, please call