BS, Communicative Disorders

  1. Where will the classes be taught?
    • Majority of the classes are taught at Taylorsville Redwood Campus. Other classes are completed online.
  2. Which programs at SLCC are good precursors to this baccalaureate degree?
    • Those programs are:
      • ASL/English Interpreting, AS
      • ASL/English Interpreting, AAS
      • ASL/English Interpreting, AA
  3. Can I be dually enrolled at SLCC and USU at the same time; especially, if I am close to completing my associate’s degree?

    • Yes, you would need to work with USU’s Financial Aid Office to create a “Consortium” agreement that states you will be going to school at two institutions.

  4. How long will it take to complete a bachelor degree?

    • A bachelor degree at USU only takes approximately 40 credits to complete after completion of an associate’s degree listed above. The USU Program Advisor (listed on our website) has the transfer guides and can let you know specific details.

  5. When should I meet with an advisor?

    • The earlier you meet with your advisor, the better. You will be able to get a map of classes you need to take here that may be prerequisites for core classes there. It is also beneficial to reach out to the advisor at the institution you are planning on attending next.
  6. What is required to apply to USU and this program?

    • Apply to Utah State University for Admissions as a “transfer student”
    • On application, list Communicative Disorders & Deaf Education, BS
    • Pay required fee and submit all official college transcripts of colleges attended
      • Note: A grade of “B-“ or better in AA, AS or AAS coursework is required, and a 3.0 GPA is required for admission to USU

  7. Is it too late to transfer into this program if I graduated with my associate’s degree at SLCC five years ago or more?

    • You can speak to the USU advisor listed on our website to review your transcripts and provide you with a transfer guide.