Frequently Asked Questions

Students who have completed an Associate of Sciences (AS) or the Associate of Applied Sciences (AAS) degree may apply for admission into the 4-year institution program the semester before they intend to begin. Students who are nearing completion of their AS or AAS degree may also apply for admission.

Applications to all programs are available online on the institutions' website. Information on how to transfer credits will also be available on the institutions' website.

When admitted, students will receive information regarding registration, course and semester schedules by email. SLCC students are highly encouraged to meet with the SLCC program advisor to determine what SLCC courses may be required to complete for graduation or to determine if prerequisites for upper level courses have been met.

Most courses are taught during evening hours from 5:30 - 10:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Note that some courses may vary occasionally. For current courses taught contact the University Partnerships program:

Emily Barnes (Interim)

Yes, students should submit an official transcript, of all colleges attended, to the four-year institution they are applying to for admission. Students can visit with the four-year Program Coordinator or Program Advisor.

Meet with a SLCC Program Academic Advisor or contact the four-year instruction Program Advisor. Non-SLCC students should contact the four-year instruction Program Advisor.

Students are able to complete the entire bachelor's degree at SLCC either online or by attending courses on SLCC campus sites. There is an exception for students majoring in WSU's Criminal Justice program with an emphasis in Forensic Science/Laboratory. Students planning to complete this degree should send an email to Dr. Brent Horn, or call him during office hours at 801-626-8843.

Registration is coordinated through each institution. For more information contact the home institution.

Students enrolled in bachelor degree program courses at SLCC must pay the tuition and fees charged by the four-year institution.

Students need to check with the four-year institution Program Coordinator or Program Advisor or log on to the institution's website.

Students who are registered concurrently in two institutions and receiving financial aid will need to obtain a Consortium Agreement between both institutions. To begin this process, contact the university's Financial Aid office from which you will be receiving your bachelor's degree. Financial Aid contact information:

University Financial Aid Advisor Email Phone
Salt Lake Community Brandee Jacobsen 801-957-4708
Weber State University Janet Nelson 801-626-6583
Utah State University Financial Aid Counselors 435-797-0173
Utah Valley University Rheta McCammon 801-863-6838

Students need to contact their home institution Program Advisor or Program Representative for this information.

Yes, there are program advisors for SLCC students. To schedule an appointment, call 801-957-4978 or visit Academic Advising for more information. See table below for specific program advisor information:

Program SLCC Program Advisor Email Phone Office
Biotechnology Danielle Mills 801-957-6407 JHS 047A
Business Administration Lee Martinez 801-957-4323 BB132A
Computer Science Tevita Hola 801-957-3905 BB 107R

Criminal Justice

Julia Ellis or Sam Curley




CT 249

Communicative Disorders Sidney Brown 801-957-3866 AAB 237B
Health Science Danielle Marble 801-957-6143 HSC 047
Technology Mgt. * Sam Curley 801-957-4550 CT 249
Network Management Technology Program Tevita Hola 801-957-3905 BB 107R


NOTE: Non-SLCC students will receive academic advising through their home institution; however, if a non-SLCC student is interested in exploring transfer options to SLCC, they can schedule an appointment with a SLCC Academic Advisor.

University Bachelor Program Program Advisors Email Phone
Weber State University Computer Science Ted Cowan 801-626-7929
Weber State University Criminal Justice Jean Kapenda 801-957-5430
Utah State University Business Administration Jeff Cook 385-696-5570
Utah State University Communicative Disorders Tayler Mountford 385-646-5570
Utah State University Health Science Tayler Mountford 385-646-5570
Utah Valley University Biotechnology Sara Hugentobler 801-863-6791
Utah Valley University Technology Management Carrie Peterson 801-863-7454