At Salt Lake Community College, we believe higher education should be available to anyone who desires it. SLCC Promise helps eligible, full-time students pay for their education by covering the cost of tuition and fees when federal grants fall short. The Promise is intended to remove economic barriers and to provide a pathway for SLCC students to complete their degrees.
To be eligible for Promise funds, students must:
- Be a Utah resident
- Receive a federal Pell Grant
- Be a full-time, credit-hour student (take 12-18 credit hours per semester)
- Be a degree-seeking student with less than 90 attempted credit hours
- Meet with a College advisor to develop a 2-year degree plan in DegreeWorks
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA and complete 70 percent of attempted courses
Beat the Fall Rush!
Make an appointment with an Academic Advisor (or visit during walk-in hours) and get started today! We'll help you figure out what you need to do to take advantage of everything SLCC Promise has to offer you. Don't wait!