- Contact Us
- Policies & Procedures
- Transfer Evaluation
- Transcript Requests
- Registration Appeals
- Institution Completion & Graduation Rates
- Change Major or Personal Info
- Disclosures of Consumer Information
- Student Email (BruinMail) Policy
Register for Classes
After applying for admission, you can register for classes. The first step is to review your registration timeframe:
- Log in to MySLCC
- Register for Classes Tools
Select a Term from the pull-down menu and click Submit. Your registration timeframe appears.
Seats may be limited, so we encourage you to register as soon as your registration timeframe opens.
There are two ways to register under Registration Tools: You can select either Look Up Classes, or Add or Drop Classes.
To register log in to MySLCC, Registration tab, Register for Classes Tools:
- Select Look Up Classes.
- Under Search by Term, select the term you want and click Submit.
- Choose a Subject from the list that appears in a box and select Course Search at the bottom. A list of courses will appear.
- Select View Section to the right of the course you choose. A list of classes will appear with information on where and when the class is offered.
- If a course is open for registration, a checkbox appears to its left. To register, click the checkbox and select Register at the bottom of the page.
- If a "C" appears to the left of a class, it is Closed for registration.
- If a "WL" appears to the left of a class, it is full, but you can place your name on a Waitlist. If you put your name on a waitlist, you still must register if a slot later becomes available.
- If an "NR" (No Registration) appears to the left of a class, it is not available for registration.
To view your registration status:
- Log in to MySLCC
- Select the Registration tab at the top
- Under Register for Classes Tools, select Registration Status
- Select the desired term from the pull-down menu, and click Submit
Students may repeat courses, and only the course with the higher grade will be used in the student’s GPA, and toward graduation credit.
Credit Hour Load In Excess of 21 Credit Hours
To register for 22 credits or more, permission must be obtained from the appropriate College Department of the student’s current program or from the Director of Academic Advising. Enrollment of 12 or more credit hours constitutes full-time status.