Office of the Registrar and Academic Records
Western Undergraduate Exchange Program
The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) is a program for non-resident students who may enroll in a designated two-year and four-year institution at a special reduced tuition level.
WUE tuition rate: Amount of in-state tuition plus 50 percent of that amount plus regular student fees.
States that participate in the WUE program at Salt Lake Community College in 2011-2012 are: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
Salt Lake Community College currently allows WUE students to enroll in all programs except Health Science programs. Restricted programs are subject to change each academic year based upon enrollment patterns.
Health Science programs which are not eligible include: Dental Hygiene, Nursing, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapy Assistant, Radiology Technology, Surgical Technology, Medical Assistant.
An applicant for the WUE program must be:
- Accepted as a matriculated (degree-seeking) student at Salt Lake Community College.
- A legal resident of one of the 15 participating states (proof of residency may be required.)
- Enrolled in a non-restricted major.
The period of time when you are enrolled as a WUE student will not count toward the continuous 12-month requirement for Utah residency for tuition purposes.
PROCEDURE TO APPLY:
- Complete SLCC Application for Admission as a Matriculated Student.
- Complete and sign a WUE/SLCC Student Contractual Agreement form.
- Return WUE form to the Office of the Registrar and Academic Records at SLCC:
Salt Lake Community College
Office of the Registrar - WUE
4600 South Redwood Road
Salt Lake City UT 84130-0808
SLCC admits a limited number of WUE applicants (currently 37 per year) on a first-come, first-served basis. Upon acceptance as a WUE student, you will receive a letter informing you of your acceptance into the WUE program.
If you have any questions, please e-mail Abbey Mann or call (801) 957-4279.