The Transcript Evaluation Office evaluates your official transcripts from other schools and applies course credits to your SLCC transcript for placement and graduation purposes.
Transcripts are evaluated based on the program of study you select when applying to SLCC. If you need assistance with choosing a program of study, contact an academic advisor.
Transcript evaluation can take up to six weeks, or longer, during peak registration. For instructions on your specific student type (pre-health, veteran, concurrent, or other types), visit Transfer Guidelines.
Due to the volume of transcripts received, the evaluation process is taking up to 4 weeks for in-state transcripts and up to 8 weeks or longer for out-of-state transcripts. For fall 2016, in-state transcripts must be received by July, 18, 2016 to ensure evaluation for fall. Out-of-state transcripts vary dependent on existing course articulations in SLCC database. The Accuplacer can open up registration, and clear prerequisites, in many instances.
3 steps to have your transcripts evaluated
1. You must already have applied to SLCC for your transcripts to be evaluated. If you haven’t already, apply now to SLCC.
2. Order your official transcript from your previous school and submit it to SLCC in one of three ways:
- Submit electronically: Official transcripts must be emailed directly from the other institution to TransferEvaluation@slcc.edu.
- Submit by mail: Official transcripts must be mailed directly from the other institution to:
Salt Lake Community College
Office of the Registrar & Academic Records
P.O. Box 30808
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0808
- Submit in person: You can hand deliver transcripts only if they are unopened in the original envelope, bearing the official seal. Bring them to the Transfer Evaluation Office.
3. Complete the Request for Transcript Evaluation form.
Transcript evaluation notificationYou will be notified through your Bruinmail after we evaluate your transcript. You may also see if the evaluation is complete through your MyPage account. (Transfer credits are represented by courses marked with a grade of TR.) Go to:
- Student tab
- Student Records
- Academic Transcript
If you have questions about how your transfer credit applies, contact an Academic Advisor.
Transcripts are kept for one year
Due to limited filing space, your transcripts will be archived for one year. If a re-evaluation is requested after that time, you may be asked to submit another official transcript.
If you have college-level math and/or English credit, you may not need placement testing to register for classes. If you need to register before your transcript evaluation is complete, the fastest way to open registration and/or fulfill prerequisite requirements is to take the Accuplacer test.