Locked Keys in Car
Taylorsville Redwood and South City campuses
- 24 hour dispatch: 801-887-3800
- Office: 801-957-4270
- For other campuses, contact individual police agencies.
What dispatch needs to know:
- Parking lot letter or number
- Type and color of a vehicle
- Your name
- Cell phone if available
Lost and Found
If you’re looking for a lost item, contact the appropriate Lost and Found location.
SLCC keeps found items at Lost and Found for a short time, and then sends them to Surplus Services.
Parking Lot Escort
A parking lot escort is available through Student Services at the Taylorsville Redwood and South City campuses from 5-10 p.m., Monday-Thursday.
- Taylorsville Redwood Campus, 801-957-4080
- South City Campus, 801-957-3407
Reporting a Crime
We encourage the prompt and accurate reporting of crimes.
- Emergency: 911
- Non-emergencies: Call the individual police agencies by campus.
Reporting a crime
- If you observe something suspicious or out-of-the-ordinary, call the police.
- Report thefts and property losses immediately; leave the scene untouched so the police can gather evidence.
- Be alert for suspicious persons in and around campus buildings and in parking lots.
- Is someone carrying valuable property out of buildings?
- Are they going from room to room trying doorknobs?
- Are they looking in cars as they walk through parking lots?
- Make notes regarding a description of the suspicious person and try to obtain a vehicle license number.
- Do not pursue these individuals. Call the police.