Locked Keys in Car
Taylorsville Redwood and South City campuses
- 24 hour dispatch: 801-887-3800
- Office: 801-957-4270
- For other campuses, contact individual police agencies.
What dispatch needs to know:
- Parking lot letter or number
- Type and color of a vehicle
- Your name
- Cell phone if available
Lost and Found
If you’re looking for a lost item, contact the appropriate Lost and Found location.
SLCC keeps found items at Lost and Found for a short time, and then sends them to Surplus Services.
Parking Lot Escort Services
A parking lot escort service is available through SLCC’s Department of Public Safety. Request the service by calling 801-957-3800 from any campus between 6:00-10:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The nearest Campus Safety Officer (CSO) or Utah Highway Patrol Officer will be dispatched to escort you to your car. It is advisable that you use the buddy system and walk with a friend after dark.
Reporting a Crime
We encourage the prompt and accurate reporting of crimes.
- Emergency: 911
- Non-emergencies: Call the individual police agencies by campus.
Reporting a crime
- If you observe something suspicious or out-of-the-ordinary, call the police.
- Report thefts and property losses immediately; leave the scene untouched so the police can gather evidence.
- Be alert for suspicious persons in and around campus buildings and in parking lots.
- Is someone carrying valuable property out of buildings?
- Are they going from room to room trying doorknobs?
- Are they looking in cars as they walk through parking lots?
- Make notes regarding a description of the suspicious person and try to obtain a vehicle license number.
- Do not pursue these individuals. Call the police.