If you’ve enrolled at SLCC with the intention of transferring to another college or university, we want your transition to be smooth and successful.
All SLCC Academic and Career Advisors can advise you on your transfer plans and can help you select courses to transfer to a four year institution. Please come see and us, and ask for articulation resources to help you choose SLCC classes that will fulfill requirements for the major(s) and institutions you are considering.
As Soon As You Think You Might Transfer
- Meet with an Academic Advisor
- Research colleges and universities
- Participate in transfer activities
- Meet with advisors at colleges and universities
6-9 Months Before You Plan to Begin Classes Elsewhere
- Apply for admission (check with four-year institution for application deadlines)
- Request official transcripts from SLCC
- Apply for financial aid and scholarships
- Attend orientation at your transfer school