TRiO/Student Support Services
To be eligible for TRIO, a student needs to ...
- be a US citizen or permanent resident
- be a first generation college student
- You are considered a first generation college student if neither of your parents (or the parent you live with) received a 4 year Bachelor's degree prior to your 18th birthday. It doesn't matter if anyone else in your family, like a brother or a sister, has a 4-year degree, just your parents.
- meet federal income guidelines
- Income guidelines are set by the Federal Government. If you qualify to receive federal financial aid, the chances are good that you meet the necessary income guidelines.
- Plan to graduate from Salt Lake Community College AND transfer to a 4 year institution
**Note: Students who meet the first generation OR the federal income guidelines AND all of the other criteria may qualify.