Career Opportunities in Biotechnology
There are many career opportunities in biotechnology, which continue to grow with the industry. A career in biotechnology is an invitation to participate in the development of new products and processes that could improve the quality of human life as much as any other discovery since the Industrial Revolution.
A Biotechnology degree may lead to employment in a variety of areas including medicine, agriculture, forensics, medical devices, environmental science, sales and marketing, research and development, manufacturing and quality control and assurance.
Students completing a Bachelors degree in Biotechnology are well positioned for graduate and professional programs.
Occupations in Biotechnology
- Food, Plant and Animal Research and Development
- Production of medical equipment and materials used for research and/or procedures
- Pharmaceutical research
- Pharmaceutical production
- Pharmaceutical Sales
- Pharmacy Tech Specialist
- DNA testing
- Cancer research, includes development of testing devices
- Production of dietary supplements
- Military and Homeland Security
- Environmental remediation
- Laboratory Assistant, various levels
- Laboratory Coordinator
- Laboratory Manager
- Manager of regulatory affairs