The Recipe to Success
A Career & Technical Education Program
For over 25 years, the Culinary Arts program at SLCC has been preparing students for careers as chefs or food and beverage supervisors in a wide range of industries.
- Located at the Miller Campus, the SLCC Culinary Institute is a beautiful free-standing facility which has gas and electric kitchens, multiple classrooms, a computer lab, demonstration kitchen and dining room.
- You will receive both classroom education and practice with on-the-job training.
- Faculty is certified and has numerous years of experience in the culinary field.
- Affordable tuition.
- Various forms of financial aid are offered such as Pell grants, scholarships and loans.
- Credits are transferable to four year institutions.
- Upon graduation from the SLCC Culinary Institute, you will receive an Associate of Applied Science degree and also become eligible for complimentary ACF certification as a Certified Culinarian.
- Longstanding partner with SkillsUSA.
- Longstanding partner with ProStart and the Utah Restaurant Association.
- Recommended by the National Restaurant Association Education Foundation's ManageFirst Program.
- This program prepares students for careers in culinary arts and understanding the requirements for American Culinary Federation (ACF) certifications.
TIPS FOR STUDENTS
- Take ownership of your education.
- Register as soon as you are able.
- Meet with your advisor early to avoid the 'rush and long lines' and get more time in an advising session. Contact Lee Martinez at 801-957-4323 for an appointment.
- Get to know SLCC's 'Academic Calendar' and your 'MyPage'.
- Get INVOLVED!
Students of all ages, backgrounds and experience are welcome!
For information about the Culinary Institute, contact:
4600 South Redwood Road
Business Building Room 234
Salt Lake City, Utah 84123
Salt Lake Community College Culinary Institute has been recognized as an ACFEF Exemplary Program.