Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I know whether I am ready to apply for graduation?
- Check your Degree Progress Report on MyPage student tab.
- See your Academic Advisor if you have any questions.
2. What are the graduation application deadlines?
You can find all graduation deadlines on the Graduation Home Page.
3. Are there instructions for how to complete the graduation application?
Yes, you can find them on the Graduation Home Page.
4. I have questions on my academic plans, what should I do?
Contact Academic Advising Office at 801-957-4978 or chat with an online advisor
5. What happens if I miss the final deadline?
Your application will be held until the end of the next semester, even if you have completed all program requirements.
6. How will I know whether my application has been received?
A confirmation message will be sent to your Bruin email account.
7. What should I do if I’ve completed more than one program?
Complete and submit a separate application for each program.
8. If I don’t complete the requirements during this term, will my application carry over to the next term?
Yes, applications are good for one year.
9. What if I finish my degree or certificate in one term but don’t apply until later?
Your degree will be awarded the semester you submit your application for graduation.
10. Why do I apply for graduation?
In order to have your degree posted on the official transcript you must complete the Graduation Application. Please see the Graduation Home Page for more instructions.
11. What is my catalog year?
Your catalog year is the college catalog you follow to meet your curriculum requirements.
12. What is a degree audit?
A degree audit is the process where your records are checked to assure all requirements are met for graduation. This includes making sure transfer courses and substitutions have been properly applied to your degree or certificate program.
13. When will I receive my diploma or certificate?
Barring unforeseen circumstances, you should receive your diploma or certificate approximately ten weeks after the day grades are due in your final semester.
14. What should I do if I have further questions?
Academic Advising questions: 801-957-4978
Graduation questions: 801-957-4035 or 801-957-3878