Parking citations are issued by Parking Services to encourage compliance with SLCC's parking regulations. Fines resulting from illegal parking are the responsibility of the person registered to the parking permit. In the absence of a parking permit, the registered owner will be determined using state records. All outstanding and future parking violations will be linked to the appropriate student, faculty/staff or individual. Parking citations are first linked to current students who live at the same address as the registered owner of the vehicle.
Summary of Parking Rules
1. All motor vehicles parked at any of the SLCC Campuses must use the college parking system in one of the following ways:
- A valid parking permit must be purchased and displayed as stated on the back of the permit.
- Park in a metered stall with meter fee paid.
- Park in the Student Center visitor pay lot on the Taylorsville Redwood Campus.
- Student or Faculty/Staff permits are not allowed in OTA/PTA or Dental Hygiene Stalls.
2. It is the driver's responsibility to park only in designated, legal parking spaces and to find out where and when a parking permit is valid.
- Student parking spaces are designated by solid yellow lines on each side of the vehicle.
- Faculty/Staff parking spaces are designated by solid blue lines on each side or a blue and yellow line on each side of the vehicle.
- Lack of parking spaces does not justify violation of SLCC parking regulations.
- Parking is permitted only in designated areas and only in accordance with all posted signs.
3. Temporary permits may be acquired at Parking Services, the South City Cashier, the Jordan Cashier, and at the main desk at Library Square, Airport, Westpointe, and Meadowbrook campuses.
- Individuals with current parking stickers will be issued two temporary permits: 1 week courtesy permit and 2 one-day courtesy permits each semester. If addition permits are needed, they must be purchased.
- Individuals with hangtag permits must purchase a temporary day, week or month permit if needed.
- Notes or explanations left on vehicles are not considered authorizations to park.
4. Permits must be displayed as instructed on the back of the permit to be considered valid, or a ticket will be issued.
- Stickers must be entirely adhered, with their own adhesive, to the lower left corner (driver's side) of the front windshield.
- Hangtags must be displayed on the rear-view mirror with date showing.
5. All annual permits expire on August 31 of the next year.
6. To replace a permit with a new permit of the same type and year, you must show at least 75% of the current permit and pay a small fee. Without the current permit, a new permit must be purchased.
7. If a permit is lost or stolen, a new one must be purchased.
8. Purchase of a parking permit does not guarantee a space to park on campus.
9. Parking regulations are enforced 24 hours a day.
10. Your vehicle may be impounded if:
- There are any unpaid citations associated with an individual or vehicle.
- Vehicle is parked in violation of a posted sign.
- Vehicle is not parked in a designated parking space.
- Vehicle is parked overnight.
11. A permit does not authorize parking at meters without paying. Individuals parked at a nonfunctioning meter are in violation of parking regulations and will be ticketed.
12. Motorcycles must park in designated motorcycle areas only or they will be cited.
13. Disabled parking spaces (excluding Taylorsville Redwood Visitor Paylot) require an SLCC parking permit and the display of a valid state disabled placard or license plate.
14. Parking area allocations are subject to change. It is the driver's responsibility to watch for signs and be aware of such changes. All students and employees are expected to know and respect SLCC Parking Regulations.