Programs & Degrees
All acoustically sensitive spaces, including the Sound Studio, Screening Room, Television and Film production stages, and Multi Purpose room, have been designed by Charles M. Salter Associates, one of the most highly regarded acoustical consulting firms in the world.
The facility is networked for audio using Audinate's Dante protocol. This will allow us to:
- Provide as many as 64 audio channels to up to 64 locations in the building
- Mix live sound in the Multi-purpose room and send the raw audio from the stage to students in the MIDI classroom or any of our edit bays
- Provide edit bays where students make their own recordings of the concert which could be mixed and processed, much as a remote recording truck is able to take split audio from the house sound system on a large concert tour to record “live” albums
- Provide video systems that are networked through the facility over fiber-optic cable to allow remote broadcasts from performance and production spaces such as the multi-purpose room, or sound studio, or Grand Theatre. Video production can be controlled from the master video control room with two way communication between venue and control
- Simulation of the operations of a remote truck used for broadcast of live events