TRIO/ETS College Bound
The mission of ETS College Bound (Educational Talent Search) is to work with students to achieve academic success and high school graduation, and to prepare for the college of their choice. The program is especially designed for students of families with low incomes or students whose parents have not received a four-year college degree.
ETS College Bound is an Educational Opportunity program, one of many TRiO Programs. The program is hosted by Salt Lake Community College and is 100% federally funded through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
ETS College Bound serves eligible students in the following schools:
ETS College Bound Eligibility and Requirements:
Student must be US citizen, permanent resident, or in the process of applying (documentation is required)
Student must be first generation and/or low income
- To strive to maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA and enroll for rigourous classes when appropriate
- To attend school regularly and do homework
- To participate in ETS College Bound activities, workshops, college visits, and field trip
- To work to achieve the goals set with ETS College Bound advisor
- To practice good citizenship
Admission to the ETS College Bound program is open to those who meet the eligibility criteria, regardless of gender, race, national origin, color, age, religion or disability.