The School of Applied Technology (SAT) provides technical education and career training to give you skills to get a meaningful job. We serve thousands of students who have a wide range of educational and career goals.
Our competency-based education helps you reduce the time it takes to complete your instruction and training. Learn more about competency-based education.
School of Applied Technology advantages
- Weekly Enrollment – Depending on program openings, you may start immediately
- Flexible Scheduling – Arrange your class schedule around your lifestyle
- Low Cost – Tuition is based on $2.23 per clock hour; and tuition is free for high school students
- Job Ready – Our programs are tailored to meet the needs of business and industry and prepare you to enter the job market
- Transferability – Depending on your program, some courses may transfer toward an associate’s degree at SLCC
- Convenience – SAT courses are offered at 7 of the 10 SLCC locations
- Academic Support – Need a little help with math or reading? Academic readiness courses will get you up to speed
- Competency-based education – Move through competency-based education courses at an accelerated pace