Skip to main content

Registration Appeals

A Registration Appeal may be an option if you have experienced extenuating circumstances that prevented you from completing a course or doing a drop/withdraw within the published deadline (see Academic Calendar). These circumstances may include but are not limited to: medical conditions, death, military or employment conflict.

Appeals for courses to be dropped with tuition refunds/adjustments must be received within one year of the semester the courses were taken. After one year, courses with E grades (failing) may only be considered for a withdrawal status; account adjustments and refunds will not be granted. Appeals will not be approved for courses older than five years or for undergraduate courses that are graded A through D- or Salt Lake Technical College courses graded MC. A maximum of three appeals may be granted during a student’s SLCC academic career.

To appeal, complete the Registration Appeal Form and include a personal written statement along with appropriate supportive documentation. Continuing students must also meet with an academic advisor to obtain a signature to attach to their appeal. Registration Appeals submitted without merit or supporting documentation will be denied.

Guidelines for submitting appeals are included on the Registration Appeal Form. Appeals are reviewed by a representative of the Office of the Registrar and Academic Records with support from an Appeals Committee which includes representation from Academic Advising, Accounts Receivable, Financial Aid, Disability Resource Center, International, and Veterans departments. The decision is emailed to the SLCC Bruinmail account within 7-10 working days.

Students may submit the Registration Appeal Form to the Office of the Registrar and Academic Records by email, mail, or fax to:

Office of the Registrar and Academic Records
Attn: Registration Appeals
Salt Lake Community College
PO Box 30808
Salt Lake City, UT 84130
Fax: (801) 997-4062

Note: Students who want to appeal their Concurrent Enrollment courses and have not graduated from high school must complete the Concurrent Enrollment Appeal Form.

Academic Concern

Registration Appeals will not be granted for academic concerns. If there are concerns within the class, students are to follow the process as outlined in the Student Code of Conduct.

As noted in the Student Code, a student may make a formal complaint to the faculty member or in some instances go directly to the Department or Division Chair. See Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities.