Catering/Food Service Guidelines

  • Taher Professional Food Service is the contracted food service provider for all SLCC campuses and departments. Email or call 801-957-4481 and we will be happy to assist with your catering and other food service needs. You can find menus and catering contact forms on their website.
  • Taher does not charge a service fee for on-campus events. We also honor tax exempt status.
  • For plated and banquet style service, china and silver will be used. If you would prefer premium disposable products, a $4 environmental charge will be added.
  • Private groups renting space at Salt Lake Community College are required to use Taher Catering.
  • Private parties wishing to serve alcohol at their event must complete the required Alcohol Service Request Addendum to Rental Agreement form. A third-party licensed provider must serve all alcohol according to state laws. Please submit the completed form to the Auxiliary Services Manager Gina Chase at
  • Per state small dollar and travel guidelines, business meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner), both internal and external, for college employees and college employees hosting external guests or constituents on behalf of the college, must serve a direct business purpose. The cost of the meal should fall within the current per diem amount. Costs exceeding per diem amounts must have Provost, Vice President, or President approval. Current per diem amounts can be found on the Accounts Payable website.

Food and Beverage Purchase Guidelines

Food Purchases

  • Taher is the contracted food service vendor for SLCC and has exclusive rights college-wide. Departments must contact Taher first for all food purchases for college purposes, including full service and drop off catered meals, lunches, and snacks for students.
  • If Taher cannot fulfill your catering or other food purchase request, alternative arrangements may be made. Contact Gina Chase, Auxiliaries Manager, at with questions.
  • Department potlucks, where staff, faculty and/or students prepare and bring food, are permitted.

Beverage Purchases

  • Pepsi is the contracted beverage vendor for the college. They have exclusive beverage sales rights. All beverages purchased by or sold at the college must be Pepsi products. Exceptions: hot coffee, hot chocolate, hot tea, and, milk. Departments must purchase beverages for college purposes through one of the following: Taher, College Bookstore or Auxiliary Services Pepsi store. Send the completed order form to Gina Chase at

Feedback and Questions

If you have any feedback or questions, please contact Auxiliary Services Manager Gina Chase.