Admissions is the process of becoming a SLCC student and is only done once.
Before You Apply
Before applying for admission at Salt Lake Community College you must meet the qualifying criteria set by the state, your high school and Salt Lake Community College. Your high school concurrent enrollment coordinator and counselor can help determine if you meet the qualifications for Concurrent Enrollment (CE). Students are encouraged to enroll in CE courses that align with their college and career goals.
Qualifications to Participate:
- You must be enrolled in a public or private high school that has a contract to offer concurrent enrollment with SLCC. Note: If you have graduated from high school you are not eligible for CE.
- A minimum GPA may be required by your school.
- Some CE courses may require qualifying placement test scores such as the ACT or SLCC Placement Test OR other prerequisites set by the college or high school. See Course Offerings for course specific pre-requisites.
What You Will Need to Complete the Admission App:
- Your state SSID number. It begins with either the number 1 or 2 and is a seven digit number. If you do not know your SSID number, ask your high school counselor or administrator for it.
- Your social security number. This is optional, but strongly recommended as it gives you the ability to easily recover your SLCC account login credentials if you need to.
- An email address (Please use a personal email address. High school emails often block SLCC communications)
- The approval of your parent or guardian.
Utah Residency Questions
Questions on the application concerning your Utah residency will not affect your eligibility to take Concurrent Enrollment classes. Your answers will be used to determine how much tuition you will pay if you decide to take college classes after you graduate from high school or if you take classes through the Early Enrollment program.
SLCC Student ID Number
When you have completed your application, you will receive an acceptance letter with your SLCC student ID number or "S number". You should receive that letter within approximately 7 to 10 business days.
Keep your S number in a secure place. You will need your S number to access your SLCC records through your MySLCC account.