Admissions is the process of becoming a SLCC student and is only done once.
Before You Apply
Before applying for admission at Salt Lake Community College you must meet the qualifying criteria set by the state, your high school and Salt Lake Community College. Your high school concurrent enrollment coordinator and counselor can help determine if you meet the qualifications for Concurrent Enrollment (CE). You are encouraged to enroll in CE courses that align with your college and career goals. For more information on selecting classes that align to your goals visit our CE Advising Page.
Qualifications to Participate:
- You must be enrolled in a public or private high school that has a contract to offer concurrent enrollment with SLCC. Note: If you have graduated from high school you are not eligible for CE.
- Your school may require a minimum GPA.
- Some CE courses may require qualifying placement test scores such as the ACT or SLCC Placement Test OR other prerequisites set by the college or high school. See Course Offerings for course specific pre-requisites.
What You Will Need to Complete the Admission App/Participation Form:
- Your state SSID number. It begins with either the number 1 or 2 and is a seven digit number. If you do not know your SSID number, ask your high school counselor or administrator for it.
- Your social security number, unless you are not a U.S. citizen.
- An email address for the student (Please use a personal email address. High school emails often block SLCC communications)
- A parent or guardian email address. Your parent or guardian will need to have access to that email address during the time you complete the application in order to grant their approval for you to participate in CE.
- Your first name, last name, birthday, and gender exactly as it appears on your high school record. If the information you input on the admission application/participation form, doesn't match the information the high school has on file for you, you will not be able to continue with the admission application process.
SLCC Student ID Number
When you have completed your application, you will receive an acceptance letter via email with your SLCC student ID number or "S number". You should receive that email within approximately 7 to 10 business days.
Keep your S number in a secure place. You will need your S number to access your SLCC records through your MySLCC account.