Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

It won’t. Grades from other colleges are not transferred or included in your SLCC GPA.

It depends. The SLCC math department will not accept any math coursework completed via Independent Study. In addition, the biology and chemistry departments do not accept any lab coursework that is completed via Independent Study.

You must take a minimum of 25 percent of required credits from SLCC to graduate.

Most likely. Transfer courses are awarded the same number of credit hours given for equivalent SLCC courses. If SLCC has no equivalent course, your course will be awarded its original number of credit hours (based on a semester calendar).

No, we only accept college-level courses, which at state schools in Utah means courses numbered 1,000 or higher.