Skip to main content

Concurrent Enrollment

Transitioning to SLCC

en Español

After High School Graduation

Step 1 - Update Your Student Status

Complete the admissions update process AT NO COST to change your status from concurrent enrollment to a regular SLCC student!

Step 2 - Apply for Financial Aid & Scholarships


Undocumented students who graduate from a Utah high school are eligible to apply for both SLCC scholarships and a number of other private scholarships. For more information about scholarship opportunities for undocumented students contact the Dream Center at 801-957-2129 or

Financial Aid

Apply for financial aid as soon as possible. If eligible to receive Financial Aid submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.

You can also contact the Financial Aid Office at 801-957-4410 for help filling out the FAFSA. The financial aid application priority deadline is April 15 for Fall or November 1 for Spring.

Step 3 - Sign Up For Orientation

During orientation you’ll learn how to register for classes , receive helpful information regarding major and career exploration and acquire useful tips on what it take to be a successful college student. To register for an orientation go to Student Orientation.

Step 4 - Complete Placement Testing

The college must have record of your ACT scores or SLCC Placement Process scores before you can register.

SLCC Placement Process scores: If you took the test at your high school or at a Salt Lake Community College campus, your scores should already be in the system.

Math scores must be less than a year old and English scores must be less than two years old.

ACT scores: If you requested that your ACT scores be sent to SLCC when you took the exam, your scores should be on file. If not, have an official copy of your scores sent to SLCC.

ACT scores are good for 18 months.

AP credit: Some AP credit may be used for placement. When you take an AP test, you can request that the scores be sent to Salt Lake Community College. If you forgot to do that, you will need to have an official copy of the scores sent from College Board. Have the transcript sent to:

Salt Lake Community College
Transcript Evaluation
P.O. Box 30808
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0808

For more information visit the Testing Center website.

Step 5 - Register for Classes

  • Summer term registration takes place in March.
  • Fall term registration takes place in May.
  • Spring term registration takes place in November.

When to Register: Students register according to how many credits they have earned. The more credits you have, the earlier you get to register. To find out when you can register:

  1. Go to MySLCC ‘Registration’ tab and use the Banner link.
  2. Select your term.
  3. Then click the ‘Registration Status’ This link will tell you what day you can register. It will also tell you if you have any holds that will stop you from registering. If you want the best choice of classes, register as soon as you are eligible.

How to Register: You register on-line, through MySLCC, Click on the Register Tab and use the ‘Add/Drop Classes’ link.

Class Schedule: You can find the schedule of classes being offered in MySLCC; click on the link ‘Browse Classes’.
For help visit the registration tutorials online.

Meet with an Academic Advisor

Advisors can assist students to:

  • Interpret placement scores, create an educational plan and set up a class schedule,
  • Learn about career and major options as well as transfer information,
  • Locate resources available at the College Jordan Campus 801-957-6215, Taylorsville Redwood Campus 801-957-4978, or South City Campus 801-957-3361.

Visit the academic advising website to learn how to schedule an appointment with an advisor online.

Quick Tips

Concurrent Credit from Other Schools

Credits from other colleges will not automatically appear on your Salt Lake Community College transcript. To get credit for concurrent enrollment classes that you’ve taken at another institution, you need to have an official transcript sent to Salt Lake Community College and request a transcript evaluation. The following information can help you with the process.

  1. Go to the institution’s website, do a search for ‘Official Transcript’. Follow the directions for requesting a transcript. You can do it on-line or by visiting the institution.
  2. Follow the 3 steps listed on the Transfer Evaluation Office website. You can request that the transcript be sent by mail or electronically to SLCC. Faxes will not be accepted
  3. Complete the online form to Request for Transcript Evaluation.
  4. If you pick up the transcript in person, it will come in a sealed envelope. Do not open it. Bring the transcript to:
SLCC Office of the Registrar and Academic Records
STC #270
Taylorsville Redwood Campus

Salt Lake Community College

4600 South Redwood Road
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
801-957-SLCC (7522)

Student Services Hours: Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 7 pm | Friday: 8 am - 4:30 pm

Enrollment Info: 801-957-4073
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 am - 8 pm | Friday: 7:30 am - 4:30 pm | Saturday: 9 am - 1 pm

Technical Support

Support Website