Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes. Like other process you use throughout MySLCC, DegreeWorks is accessed through your secure login. Remember that your academic advisor and authorized faculty and staff will be able to view the information contained in DegreeWorks.

No. DegreeWorks is a snapshot of in-progress, planned, and completed courses in your academic history. Registration, including prerequisite checks, will continue to be handled through your Register for Classes tile on MySLCC.

Yes. By using the “Create PDF” or printer image button at the top of your audit, you can save or print a .pdf version of your audit. Any information you choose to print is the responsibility of the student. Please be aware that this information contains your student ID number as well as an unofficial version of your academic record.

An Audit in DegreeWorks is a review of past, current, and “planned” course work that provides information on completed and outstanding requirements necessary to complete a degree or certificate/program of study. The audit is divided into blocks of requirements that include Degree, General Education, and Program Requirements. Each block works like a checklist that has boxes that are automatically checked when a requirement is met.

The information in DegreeWorks is refreshed every Saturday. Any changes made throughout the week will show in DegreeWorks starting on Monday. Or you can click the refresh button refresh button at the top of the audit.

Use the Personal Information tile on MySLCC to change your personal information. Use the Student Academic Profile tile to update your program of study or catalog year. To request a program exception, use the Student Academic Profile tile and submit a “Curriculum Exception” form. You cannot update course information.

Yes. Once grades have been processed at the end of the semester they are viewable in DegreeWorks. In-progress and registered courses are listed with an “R” grade.

Yes. The classes you have completed will appear on the Audit with either a green check mark mark box OR click on the menu at the top of the right-hand corner and select “Class History” for a list of courses taken at SLCC and evaluated transfer courses. If you have questions regarding the accuracy of the classes you have taken, please contact Office of the Registrar and Academic Records.

Once AP scores and transfer work are received and credit is posted, that information is added to your student record and will appear on the audit. Questions regarding this credit should be directed to the Incoming Transcript Office.

Your audit will outline courses needed to meet degree, program, or certificate requirements within each specific block. Look for unchecked red circle to identify requirements that you still need to complete. You may then use this information to create an academic plan and discuss it with an Academic Advisor.

The degree progress percentage counts all checked circles in the degree and program requirements blocks towards the completed degree completion, not as a measure of credits completed.

The first step is to clarify what information you believe is wrong. Please contact an Academic Advisor if you need assistance.

These are the most common problems and courses of action.

  1. My program is wrong on my audit.
    1. If you have not officially changed your program, you may do so through the Student Academic Profile tile in MySLCC. Please visit the Enrollment Services for more information about changing your major.
  2. The requirements for my program of study are wrong.
    1. Look at the catalog year that appears on the program requirements block of the audit. According to our records, these are the catalog requirements that you are using to complete your program of study. If you believe you should be using older or newer requirements, contact an academic advisor, or you may view the program requirements for catalog years (current year and a maximum of five years previously) using the “What-if” function in DegreeWorks.
  3. My transfer courses don’t appear in the right place.
    If you are concerned about a transfer course that should be applying in the audit, please ensure that you have:
    1. Submitted your transcript to the Transcript Office
    2. Transcript evaluation has been completed
    3. Contact the Transcript Evaluation Office
  4. Classes are not applying in the right place.
    1. Please contact an Academic Advisor.
  5. I submitted a Curriculum Exception through MySLCC and it’s not showing on my audit.
    1. Please contact an Academic Advisor.

If none of these problems describe your situation, or if you need additional help identifying what’s wrong, contact an Academic Advisor.

  1. Before you meet with your Academic Advisor to discuss registration for an upcoming semester.
  2. After you register to ensure that the courses you selected apply to your requirements like you thought they would.
  3. After your grades for each semester are posted
  4. Any time you make a change to your schedule or program.

Your degree audit is a tool to provide you with academic information related to your degree progress. It displays courses required and completed for your degree program of study. Your transcript is your official college academic record and provides a chronological list of courses completed and other academic information.

DegreeWorks looks at your program holistically, and places each course using a "best fit" scenario. The "best fit" process will not always be perfect, particularly when multiple possibilities exist. Classes may apply to different blocks as you take more courses. If you have a course that does not appear in the area in which you expected, please review your program of study's requirements in the catalog or contact an academic advisor for assistance.

In most cases, yes. DegreeWorks is programmed to recognize that some courses can fulfill more than one requirement. If you have any questions, contact an Academic Advisor.

In most cases, classes evaluated during the transfer process would be placed on your audit as transfer with a grade of "TR". If your audit does not look like you expected, please contact the Transcript Evaluation Office.

A few. While DegreeWorks has been designed to check almost everything that you must complete to qualify for graduation, there may be additional requirements for your program that must be completed as well. You should use DegreeWorks in conjunction with the College catalog and any information that your department provides to ensure that you remain on track for graduation. If you have questions about any additional requirements for your program, talk with an Academic Advisor.

Courses from which you have withdrawn will appear in the “Insufficient” section on the bottom of your audit with a grade of “W”.

This is a wild card in DegreeWorks. If the @ sign appears with course numbers after it (i.e., 1 class in @@), it means that you can take any class with any prefix and any number (1000 and above). If the @ sign appears with course numbers after it (i.e., 1 class in @@) in the General Education block, it means that you can take any class with any prefix and any number (1000 and above) in the needed attribute (PS, CM, etc.). If it appears after a subject (i.e., ENGL @), it means that you can take any course with that subject prefix.

Not necessarily. You are still required to apply for graduation. Upon receipt of a graduation application, the Graduation Office will evaluate the audit to determine eligibility for graduation and will notify you of the result. It may also be beneficial to meet with and Academic Advisor prior to applying for graduation.

Your Academic Advisor is your primary point of contact.

The “What-if” function allows you to hypothetically change your degree, program and/or catalog year. The “What-if” audit will show you what coursework is required for the new program of study, what courses you have taken that satisfy requirements and what courses are still left for you to take.

You can use the “What-if” function option on the “Audits” tab to do an audit using criteria you select a Program and the current Catalog year.

No. The “What-if” function is for information purposes only and does not change your program. If you decided you’d like to change your program, you can do so on your Student Academic Profile tile through MySLCC. Please visit the Enrollment Services for more information about changing you major.

The Graduation Calculator option, under the GPA Calculator in the menu will show what grade average you will need in your remaining credits to graduate with your desired GPA.

No. This is an estimate only.