Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

The Dream Center serves undocumented students (with and without DACA) and members of mixed-status families, including:

  • U.S. citizen children of undocumented or immigrant parents
  • Asylum seekers or asylees
  • Temporary Protected Status (TPS) recipients
  • Deferred Enforced Departure (DED) recipients
  • U-Visa, T-Visa, and VAWA Applicants
Yes, however, the Dream Center may only be able to help students apply for admissions (i.e., to receive an I-20) and to apply for scholarship opportunities. Otherwise, International Students will have to contact the International Student Services office for additional questions.

An international student is someone who applies for an F-1 (Academic Student) visa or an M-1 (Vocational Student) visa and is meeting the requirements set by the federal government, like attending full-time. Their dependents (F-2 or M-2) are also eligible to attend under this status.

International Students are required to pay $75 for their admissions application fee.

Yes, students regardless of their immigration status are welcome to apply. On the admissions application, applicants will be asked about their citizenship status. Currently students will select the Other category; where they can add an optional description about their status, but they are not required to disclose any additional information.

The Social Security Number (SSN) section is also optional! DACA recipients, asylum seekers, and TPS recipients with an SSN should leave this section blank. Social Security and Driver License numbers provided via these programs are for work purposes only.

Students with a valid work permit are eligible to work on campus, including for the Campus Internship Program . Interested applicants are encouraged to visit:

Note: Work-study is not available for students if they do not qualify and apply for federal financial aid.

Yes, there are no restrictions on your participation in extracurricular activities. However, some of these opportunities have certain benefits (such as tuition waivers) that may or may not be open for students to apply for based on their Utah high school graduation.

For more information on joining clubs or joining the Student Association, please visit the Thayne Center for Student Life, Leadership, and Community Engagement.