Frequently Asked Questions

Schedule an appointment with your advisor using the instructions below:

  • Log in to MySLCC.
  • Click on Advising tab.
  • In the Find Your Advisor box, click Login to MySuccess.
  • Your advisor will be listed in “Your Connections” in the My Success Network.

If this is your first appointment, fill out the Intake form in MySuccess by clicking on the 3 Menu Bars then clicking on Intake.

DegreeWorks is a checklist that enables you to track your progress towards graduation and map out your educational plan. Access your DegreeWorks account using the instructions below:

  • Log in to MySLCC
  • Click on Academics & Records tab
  • Find Academic Planning section
  • Click DegreeWorks (Evaluate your degree progress)
You may also view the DegreeWorks tutorials.

You can actually take your math and English placement test from any computer with a reliable internet connection. Visit the Testing Services Placement Process page for accessing the quiz. For new students, you will need to create your MySLCC username and password prior to taking the placement exam. For continuing SLCC students, you may need to change your MySLCC password your first time logging into the new process. Call 801-957-4500 if you need assistance.

Sign into MySLCC and click on the Academics and Records. In the left column you will see Academic Records and “View Holds”. It should list any holds on your account and you will need to contact the appropriate office to get them removed. Some common holds include the following:

Pre-requisite/Test Error- This can be a couple of different issues. The class you are trying to register for requires a placement test score or another completed class before you can register. If you are trying to register for a Math class and your test scores or last math class are more than a year old, you will need to take the placement exam again. If you are trying to register for a Biology or Chemistry course, you may need to register for the lab as well. You will need to add both courses, the lecture and the lab, to the registration cart before submitting and both classes need to have space available (not waitlisted). Tutorial for adding a class and lab together.

Area Study Advisor Approval – This class is approved for exploratory students only. To receive permission to register, you will need to contact the Career Coach for your program of study.

Academic Standing Hold – You need to meet with an Academic Advisor and complete the necessary forms.

Registration Time Ticket Hold – You may have missed the application deadline. Contact Admissions.

Level Restriction/Campus Restriction – You may be trying to register for courses that you are not eligible for such as a degree-seeking student registering for a concurrent enrollment course or an SAT student registering for a credit-bearing course. Contact Admissions if your student type is incorrect.

Student Status Prevents Registration/Admissions Update Hold – You need to submit a new application or an admissions update.

Orientation Hold – You need to complete New Student Orientation.

Unpaid Balance/Accounts Receivable – You will need to contact Cashiering Services.

Parking Ticket – You must contact Parking Services.

Other registration and hold errors are listed on the Office of the Registrar and Academic Records website.

Sign up for an in-person or online orientation using the instructions below:

  • Log in to MySLCC
  • Click on Semester Checklist tab
  • Select the Click to See Your Info button
  • Under the Orientation section, click on in-person or online

During Orientation, you’ll learn how to register for classes, information about our campuses, facilities, as well as available services and resources.

If you have not registered for SLCC courses for over a year (but less than 3 years), you must submit an Application Update:

  • Log in to MySLCC
  • Click on Semester Checklist tab
  • Find the Admissions Application Update box
  • Read the instructions, then click on the link.
  • On the Application page, login and click on Application History, then Update (to ensure you’re not charged an additional application fee).
  • Complete the application and select the semester you plan to start and your Program of study.

Once submitted, it will take 2-3 days for the system to update.

Add yourself to a class waitlist using the instructions below:

  • When registering for classes, look at the Status column to see how many seats and waitlist spots are available.
  • If the class shows FULL but waitlist spots are available, click Add to add the course to your Summary.
  • Under the Action column, change the drop-down box to Waitlisted and click Submit.
  • Your Summary will now show the status of that class as Waitlisted.
  • When your turn to register for the class arrives, you’ll receive an email in your Bruinmail. Register for the class within 24 hours of receiving that email (this includes weekends)
View an in-depth tutorial.

Changing your program of study can affect your time until graduation or your financial aid eligibility. Please meet with your Academic Advisor for your current program of study before submitting this form.

  • Log in to MySLCC
  • Click on Academics & Records tab
  • Find the Academic Planning section
  • Click on Program Change Request
  • Fill out the form and Submit

Complete your financial aid verification items online using the instructions below:

  • Log in to MySLCC
  • Click on Tuition & Financial Aid tab
  • In the Financial Aid Requirement box, click Verification Items
  • Complete your registration. Information entered needs to match what was listed on your FAFSA application
  • Download and upload all requested forms and documents. Make sure all requirements are completed.
To request an appeal, click on +/- Request, in the top right-hand corner of the screen.  See the direct website for these forms here.

Below are many important dates for the full-term 16-week courses. Visit the Student Academic Calendar to view important dates for other parts of terms during the semester.

  • Classes Begin – August 25, 2020
  • Last Day to Add Classes – September 2, 2020
  • Tuition Due – September 9, 2020
  • Last Day to Drop Classes with 100% Refund – September 15, 2020
  • Fall Break – October 15-16
  • Last Day to Withdraw (No refunds) – October 29, 2020
  • Finals Week – December 14-17, 2020
  • Registration for Spring 2021 begins October 26, 2020
  1. Apply to SLCC (or your transcript will not be evaluated)
  2. Order official transcripts from previous school(s) and submit to SLCC one of these three ways:

    Electronically: Must be emailed directly from the other institution to

    By Mail: Must be mailed directly from the other institution to:

    Salt Lake Community College
    Transcript Evaluation
    P.O. Box 30808
    Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0808

    In Person: Transcripts can be hand delivered to the Transfer Evaluation Office only if they are unopened in the original envelope bearing the official seal.

  3. Complete the Request for Transfer Evaluation form.

To estimate how SLCC classes will transfer to and from other USHE/Utah colleges and university, you can log into the Utah Transfer Guide at using your MySLCC credentials. 

To see how classes transfer specifically to the University of Utah, you can also create an account for Transferology. For private or out-of-state institutions, it is best to contact the program of study you are interested and speak with their advisor to receive guidance on what they will or will not accept in transfer.

Purchase an SLCC Parking permit online using the instructions below:

  • Log in to MySLCC
  • Click on Campus Life tab
  • Click on Purchase Parking Permits/Pay Citations
  • Click on the MySLCC button
  • Select Add New Vehicle and enter your vehicle information
  • After adding all your vehicles (students are allowed up to 2), click on Buy Permit
  • Select the type of permit you want, add your vehicles to the permit, and complete checkout.

Our Parking Services office can be contacted at 801-957-4011.

Complete your Residency application using the instructions below:

  • Log in to MySLCC
  • Click on the Semester Checklist tab
  • In the Residency Classification box, click Application for Residency Classification
  • Submit appropriate documentation (to verify what documents are needed, call Admissions at 801-957-4485 or email
  • Fall Residency Deadline: September 2, 2020

Accessing SLCC’s Wi-Fi Network

Access the SLCC wireless network using the instructions below:

This tutorial will give you all the directions you need to access the Eduroam network, a world-wide wireless hotspot with thousands of locations.

For additional assistance, call our IT Help Desk at 801-957-5555.

Pay your tuition and fees online and sign up for a Tuition Payment Plan using the instructions below:

  • Log in to MySLCC
  • Click on Tuition & Financial Aid tab
  • Find the MyAccount box and click on SLCCPay+
  • Click on Balance to view your Account Summary by semester
  • Click on Make Payment to pay your tuition
  • Click on Enroll in Payment Plan to sign up for the Tuition Payment Plan

You can also pay your tuition at one of our Cashiers Offices or on the phone by calling 801-957-4868.

View your Financial Aid award online using the instructions below:

  • Log in to MySLCC
  • Click on Tuition & Financial Aid tab
  • Click on Financial Aid Awards
  • Select the correct year

If you need to accept a loan:

  • Click on Accept Award Offer tab
  • Click on the award

The registrar’s office has instructions on how to drop or withdraw from a course as well as the difference between those two options.

The Office of the Registrar and Academic Records has instructions on how to view your schedule.

Open Educational Resources are teaching, learning, and research resources that reside in the public domain or have been released under an intellectual property license that permits their free use and repurposing by others.

Find OER Courses by using the instructions below:

  • Log in to MySLCC
  • Click on Registration tab and select Register for Classes
  • Select a term then click Add/Drop Classes
  • When searching for classes, locate the Attribute search box and select No Cost/Low Cost Textbooks

Visit to find out more about OER.

You must be enrolled in at least one course. Instructions on obtaining a OneCard remotely are available on the OneCard website. UTA passes are automatically activated on new cards. View details for using UTA to get to other campuses.
The SLCC Bookstore website has a feature where you can put in your S-number and it will pull up the books for the classes you are registered for or you can search by the course name and number. You can purchase your books online using PayPal.